Shop with a Mission
The revenue generated through the sale of donated items in our thrift store is used to support the ongoing work of our ministry. When you donate items or shop at our Gateway Center Store or online at Amazon, Craigslist, and eBay. You are helping us make a difference in the lives of our residents and in our community.
Auto Sales Center
Holland Rescue Mission’s Auto Program accepts donated vehicles, services them and sells them to generate revenue to help better serve our community.
Here’s how the Auto Sales Center program works:
- We accept donated vehicles.
- When you donate a vehicle, it can help reduce your taxes.
- All profits go to support the work of Holland Rescue Mission.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What can I donate?
Now accepting: Clothing, Household Goods, Lightly Used Furniture, Working Electronics, Working Laptops / Working PC towers, Books, and more!
Unable to accept the following: TV sets, tube-style monitors, poor condition furniture, used mattress/box springs, and no child seats due to potential recalls. If you are unsure about whether we will accept your donation, you can contact us.
Can I donate my boat?
The Boat Angel process is streamlined to make it easy. Fill out the form and request a package. You may select Holland Rescue Mission to donate a portion of the boat’s final sale amount. The IRS allows donors to make designated gifts. Donating a boat to charity is an easy way to get rid of something you no longer use. If you are finished with your life jackets, ropes, swim ladders, etc. you can have those donated as well.
- Can you provide us with a copy of your registration or title for boat and trailer?
- Can you provide us with the pickup location?
- Can you tell us when the boat was last used in the water?
- Do you know if it was winterized before?
- Do you know the year, model and make?
Who benefits from my donation?
- People in West Michigan who are experiencing poverty or homelessness. Every day, dozens of hurting people come to our doors seeking basic help such as a shower, haircut, clean clothes, hot meal, a place to sleep, and guidance. After we meet their immediate needs, we offer them long-term assistance through programs designed to minister to the whole person — body and soul. People who participate in these long-term programs receive counseling, education, and work therapy to help them return to society as productive citizens.
- People in need of reliable, affordable transportation. When you donate your vehicle to the Mission, you’re helping someone else find a vehicle they can afford. Your used vehicle can help a local family get to school, work, the grocery store, and other necessary locations more easily and efficiently.
Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes! We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, so your donation can be deducted on your yearly income tax.
How can I make a donation today?
For more information, please call 616-928-3422 about donation pickup service.