Ways to Give
Holland Rescue Mission is a nonprofit organization. That means we don’t receive any government funding, and we rely solely on generous support from dedicated friends, churches, and local businesses. If you would like to be part of this life-changing mission, there are a variety of ways you can support our work.
Your online gift will immediately go to work to change the lives of hurting men, women, and children in West Michigan. Thank you for caring!
When you join the Compassionate Champions team, there are several ways that you can give to be sure your donation goes right to work to help the homeless at Holland Rescue Mission:
- Online – Simply visit our online donation form to set-up your account. When you make your initial gift, you may select the recurring gift option. When your gift has been made, you will be sent an automatic email receipt.
- Credit Card – We offer a secure form that you may complete with your credit card information. These cards are processed monthly in the amount that you authorize. You will receive a year-end receipt.
- (ACH) Automatic Deduction from Bank Account – Complete the appropriate form giving us permission to process an auto deduction each month from your bank account (the 3rd Wednesday of every month). You will receive a year-end receipt. Call the Mission at (616) 396-2200 for more information about ACH.
- Reminder Letter – If you’d like to be reminded to give each month, we will gladly send you a reminder letter. At the end of the year, we will send you a receipt of your annual contribution total.
As a Compassionate Champion, you will be removed from our regular mailing list. Don’t worry! You’ll still receive our quarterly newsletter, highlighting stories from our residents and happenings at the Mission. You will also be invited to attend one of our Compassionate Champion events to see firsthand how your support is helping the homeless.
Call today! We would love for you to join our team.
Robin Thompson, Development Associate email@example.com or 616.928.3418
Donate Clothing, Household Items and More
Holland Rescue Mission accepts donations of clothing, household goods, items for recycling, and more.
All donated items are taken to our centralized recycling center or one of our three Thrift Stores and sold to local shoppers. Residents who are currently staying at Holland Rescue Mission can earn vouchers to purchase needed items. Any items that are donated for recycling are sold to a nearby recycling center.
All proceeds go right back to Holland Rescue Mission to support our life-changing work in the community.
Recycle With Us
- Clothing, shoes, and other textiles
- Household items
- Washers and dryers
- Appliances (excluding dehumidifiers, vacuums, A/C units, refrigerators, and other devices containing refrigerant)
- Empty food cans
- Aluminum cans
- Scrap metals
- Phone books
- Office paper and other paper products
We do NOT accept the following items:
- Used mattresses or box springs
- Glass bottles
*Due to the drop in the recycling value of certain recyclables, we are no longer collecting plastic or cardboard. Black River Recycling on Chicago Drive currently accepts plastics and cardboard.
You may drop off donations at our Gateway Center:
661 East 24th Street, Holland, MI 49423
**Due to the influx in donation pick ups and heading into our busy season we are currently scheduling pick ups a week out. Please note this when scheduling your pick up.
Nicole Meengs, 616.928.3422
Men’s Ministry Center:
- **T-shirts/undershirts (White, M,L,XL,XXL)
- Long underwear
- Bath towels
- Liquid multi-symptom cough & cold medicine (without alcohol)
- 50-60 gallon trash bags (we use 3 cases each week)
- Glass cleaner
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Hand soap
- Body wash
Family Hope Ministry Center:
- **Women’s Flip Flops/Sandals
- **Women’s Shorts (All Sizes)
- **Women’s Pants (18+)
- **Women’s T-shirts (XL)
- **Boys Pants & Shorts (5T, 6-8)
- **Kids Pj’s (6-18m, 6-8, 14-16)
- **Kid’s Body Wash
- **Sippy Cups (No straws)
- **Face Wash
- Girl’s Undies (Size 14/16)
- Boy’s Undies (Size 2T/3T)
- Women’s Underwear (Size 8)
- Socks (Women’s NO FUZZY, Infants)
- Nail Clippers
- Coats (Women’s XL & Up, Boys XL, Boy & Girls 4T & Below)
- Used Scrubs
- Water bottles with tops
- Cold/hot beverage containers with snap on lids
- Baby Wipes
- Ear Plugs
- Small bags (used for Welcome & Bye-Bye bags)
- Women’s shave cream
- Snacks for daycare – fresh fruit, animal/graham/goldfish crackers
- Underwear, sizes 5-6, 11-14
- Bras of all sizes
ROCK Urban Youth Ministry
- **Individually wrapped snacks (Allergy-safe: Peanut & Tree Nut FREE)
- Disposable 8 oz. cups
- Art supplies – construction paper, crayons, sidewalk chalk, etc.
- Beach towels
**Denotes urgent needs
- Tomato Sauce
- Tomato Paste
- Tomatoes, Stewed
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Whole tomatoes
- Green Beans
- Mixed Vegetables
- Creamed Corn
- Fruit Cocktail
- Mandarin Oranges
- Canned Chicken
- Dish Soap
- Laundry Soap
- Green Scrubbies
- Oven Cleaner
- Spic and Span
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Egg Noodles
- Any Boxed Meal
- Au gratin Potatoes
- Corn Starch
- Lasagna Noodles
- Sliced Cheese
- American cheese
- Fresh Fruits/Vegetables
- Hot Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Whole Olives
- Spanish Olives
- Diced Green Pepper
- Diced Red Pepper
- Salad Dressings
- 9” and 6” Paper Plates
- 12 oz. Cups
- Plastic Utensils
- Toilet Paper
- Hand Towels
We are always grateful for gift cards in any amount to the following stores:
Gordon Food Service
You may drop off donations at:
Family Hope Ministry Center, 356 Fairbanks | Holland, Michigan
Men’s Ministry Center, 166 S. River | Holland, Michigan
“But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.” – Matthew 6:20 (NIV)
God has blessed many of us with financial security and even abundance. And while we are to be responsible stewards of His gifts while we are here on earth, it’s a well-known statement that “You can’t take your treasure with you.”
Leaving a legacy gift provides you with an extraordinary opportunity to support the work of Holland Rescue Mission both now and for generations to come. Your gift will create a lasting legacy of support to reach hurting and homeless people in our community, and share with them God’s love and mercy.
There are several ways you can support Holland Rescue Mission through a legacy gift:
Wills and Estate Planning
Do you have a will or revocable living trust? Have you included Holland Rescue Mission in your estate plan? Due to recent federal estate tax changes, it’s advisable to review your existing estate plan to ensure your current plan reflects your wishes. It’s easy to include the Holland Rescue Mission as a beneficiary in your will or living trust.
Charitable Gift Annuity
When you make a gift to Holland Rescue Mission in exchange for a Charitable Gift Annuity, you’ll receive many benefits:
- An immediate tax deduction on a large portion of the gift;
- Capital gains tax deferral;
- If you donate appreciated securities, you won’t owe capital gains tax when you make the transfer either; and
Increased income stream for life.
Do you own stock that has increased in value since you purchased it? Have you had it for more than one year? By transferring the shares directly to Holland Rescue Mission, you’ll receive a valuable income tax deduction and reduce or even avoid the capital gains tax you would have paid if you sold the shares yourself.