Ways to Give
Holland Rescue Mission is a nonprofit organization. That means we don’t receive any government funding, and we rely solely on generous support from dedicated friends, churches, and local businesses. If you would like to be part of this life-changing mission, there are a variety of ways you can support our work.
Your online gift will immediately go to work to change the lives of hurting men, women, and children in West Michigan. Thank you for caring!
When you join the Compassionate Champions team, there are several ways that you can give to be sure your donation goes right to work to help the homeless at Holland Rescue Mission:
- Online – Simply visit our online donation form to set-up your account. When you make your initial gift, you may select the recurring gift option. When your gift has been made, you will be sent an automatic email receipt.
- Credit Card – We offer a secure form that you may complete with your credit card information. These cards are processed monthly in the amount that you authorize. You will receive a year-end receipt.
- (ACH) Automatic Deduction from Bank Account – Complete the appropriate form giving us permission to process an auto deduction each month from your bank account (the 3rd Wednesday of every month). You will receive a year-end receipt. Call the Mission at (616) 396-2200 for more information about ACH.
- Reminder Letter – If you’d like to be reminded to give each month, we will gladly send you a reminder letter. At the end of the year, we will send you a receipt of your annual contribution total.
As a Compassionate Champion, you will be removed from our regular mailing list. Don’t worry! You’ll still receive our quarterly newsletter, highlighting stories from our residents and happenings at the Mission. You will also be invited to attend one of our Compassionate Champion events to see firsthand how your support is helping the homeless.
Call today! We would love for you to join our team.
Robin Thompson, Development Associate firstname.lastname@example.org or 616.928.3418
Donate Clothing, Household Items and More
Holland Rescue Mission accepts donations of clothing, household goods, items for recycling, and more.
All donated items are taken to our centralized recycling center or one of our two Thrift Stores and sold to local shoppers. Residents who are currently staying at Holland Rescue Mission can earn vouchers to purchase needed items. Any items that are donated for recycling are sold to a nearby recycling center.
All proceeds go right back to Holland Rescue Mission to support our life-changing work in the community.
Recycle With Us
- Clothing, shoes, and other textiles
- Household items
- Appliances (excluding dehumidifiers, vacuums, A/C units, refrigerators, and other devices containing refrigerant)
- Empty food cans
- Aluminum cans
- Scrap metals
- Phone books
- Office paper and other paper products
We do NOT accept the following items for recycling:
- Tube Televisions
- Non-working dehumidifiers, AC units, refrigerators
- Used mattresses or box springs
- Glass bottles
*Due to the drop in the recycling market, we are no longer able to accept plastic or cardboard. Black River Recycling on Chicago Drive currently accepts plastics and cardboard.
NOTE: We are currently scheduling our FREE donation pick-ups a minimum of a week in advance.
Nicole Meengs, 616-928-3422
Men’s Ministry Center:
- **Belts (Size 34-42)
- **Winter Socks (Thick)
- **Dress Shirts (For Interviews)
- T-shirts/undershirts (White, M,L,XL,XXL)
- Long underwear
- Bath towels
- Liquid multi-symptom cough & cold medicine (without alcohol)
- 50-60 gallon trash bags (we use 3 cases each week)
- Glass cleaner
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Hand soap
- Body wash
Family Hope Ministry Center:
- **Body Soap
- **Face Wash
- Kids Pj’s (6-18m, 6-8, 14-16)
- Shampoo & Conditioner (full size)
- Bras (All sizes, preferred sports bra and larger sizes)
- Women’s Flip Flops/Sandals
- Women’s Shorts (All Sizes)
- Women’s Pants (18+)
- Women’s T-shirts (XL)
- Boys Pants & Shorts (5T, 6-8)
- Kid’s Body Wash
- Sippy Cups (No straws)
- Girl’s Undies (Size 14/16)
- Boy’s Undies (Size 2T/3T)
- Women’s Underwear (Size 8)
- Socks (Women’s NO FUZZY, Infants)
- Nail Clippers
- Coats (Women’s XL & Up, Boys XL, Boy & Girls 4T & Below)
- Used Scrubs
- Water bottles with tops
- Cold/hot beverage containers with snap on lids
- Baby Wipes
- Ear Plugs
- Small bags (used for Welcome & Bye-Bye bags)
- Women’s shave cream
- Snacks for daycare – fresh fruit, animal/graham/goldfish crackers
- Underwear, sizes 5-6, 11-14
- Bras of all sizes
ROCK Urban Youth Ministry
- **Individually wrapped snacks (Allergy-safe: Peanut & Tree Nut FREE)
- Disposable 8 oz. cups
- Art supplies – construction paper, crayons, sidewalk chalk, etc.
- Beach towels
**Denotes urgent needs
- Tomato Sauce
- Tomato Paste
- Tomatoes, Stewed
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Whole tomatoes
- Green Beans
- Mixed Vegetables
- Creamed Corn
- Fruit Cocktail
- Mandarin Oranges
- Canned Chicken
- Dish Soap
- Laundry Soap
- Green Scrubbies
- Oven Cleaner
- Spic and Span
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Egg Noodles
- Any Boxed Meal
- Au gratin Potatoes
- Corn Starch
- Lasagna Noodles
- Sliced Cheese
- American cheese
- Fresh Fruits/Vegetables
- Hot Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Whole Olives
- Spanish Olives
- Diced Green Pepper
- Diced Red Pepper
- Salad Dressings
- 9” and 6” Paper Plates
- 12 oz. Cups
- Plastic Utensils
- Toilet Paper
- Hand Towels
We are always grateful for gift cards in any amount to the following stores:
Gordon Food Service
You may drop off donations at:
Family Hope Ministry Center, 356 Fairbanks | Holland, Michigan
Men’s Ministry Center, 166 S. River | Holland, Michigan
Corners Of Your Field is a partnership opportunity between local churches and the Holland Rescue Mission. Corners Of Your Field encourages attendees of our partner churches to be intentional about selecting their gently used household items for donation to the Holland Rescue Mission. The HRM Gateway Store then returns a portion of the value of these donated items in the form of gift cards to your church to help those directly in your care.
How does Corners Of Your Field help my church partner?
- Corners Of Your Field provides a practical way to meet the Biblical mandate of caring for the hurting and homeless, and gives you a plan to do so.
- Corners Of Your Field puts resources, beginning with gift cards to HRM Gateway Store, in the hands of every partner church. We recognize you know the needs of your community better than we do and want to equip you to make a difference.
How does this partnership work, practically?
The process is quite simple.
- You can donate your gently used or re-sellable items to our HRM Gateway Store.
- The HRM Gateway Store employee serving there will ask the name of your church partner.
- Quarterly, your church will receive gift cards to HRM Gateway Store that can be given to anyone who comes to your church in need.
And, as a donor you are still able to take advantage of the tax-deduction with every gift to the Holland Rescue Mission.
“But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.” – Matthew 6:20 (NIV)
God has blessed many of us with financial security and even abundance. And while we are to be responsible stewards of His gifts while we are here on earth, it’s a well-known statement that “You can’t take your treasure with you.”
Leaving a legacy gift provides you with an extraordinary opportunity to support the work of Holland Rescue Mission both now and for generations to come. Your gift will create a lasting legacy of support to reach hurting and homeless people in our community, and share with them God’s love and mercy.
There are several ways you can support Holland Rescue Mission through a legacy gift:
Wills and Estate Planning
Do you have a will or revocable living trust? Have you included Holland Rescue Mission in your estate plan? Due to recent federal estate tax changes, it’s advisable to review your existing estate plan to ensure your current plan reflects your wishes. It’s easy to include the Holland Rescue Mission as a beneficiary in your will or living trust.
Charitable Gift Annuity
When you make a gift to Holland Rescue Mission in exchange for a Charitable Gift Annuity, you’ll receive many benefits:
- An immediate tax deduction on a large portion of the gift;
- Capital gains tax deferral;
- If you donate appreciated securities, you won’t owe capital gains tax when you make the transfer either; and
Increased income stream for life.
Do you own stock that has increased in value since you purchased it? Have you had it for more than one year? By transferring the shares directly to Holland Rescue Mission, you’ll receive a valuable income tax deduction and reduce or even avoid the capital gains tax you would have paid if you sold the shares yourself.
Donate Your Vehicle
When you donate your vehicle to Holland Rescue Mission, you can change a life! You can donate cars, trucks, motorcycles, vans, commercial vehicles, boats, jet skis, trailers, RVs, and more.
Donating a vehicle can help reduce your taxes. You’ll help support our Auto Program, by generating revenue for the ministry.
You’re also helping to provide affordable transportation for someone in need. Often, a reliable vehicle is a big step to help a family get back on their feet.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What can I donate?
We accept cars, trucks, motorcycles, passenger vans, commercial vehicles, cargo vans, trailers, RVs and more. If you are unsure about whether we will accept your vehicle, you can contact us.
Who benefits from my donation?
- People in West Michigan who are experiencing poverty or homelessness. Every day, dozens of hurting people come to our doors seeking basic help such as a shower, haircut, clean clothes, hot meal, a place to sleep, and guidance. After we meet their immediate needs, we offer them long-term assistance through programs designed to minister to the whole person — body and soul. People who participate in these long-term programs receive counseling, education, and work therapy to help them return to society as productive citizens.
- People in need of reliable, affordable transportation. When you donate your vehicle to the Mission, you’re helping someone else find a vehicle they can afford. Your used vehicle can help a local family get to school, work, the grocery store, and other necessary locations more easily and efficiently.
Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes! We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, so your donation can be deducted on your yearly income tax.
How can I make a donation today?
For more information, please Contact Us.